Friday, July 17, 2009

Blooms fire power





FLOWER.jpg
FLOWER.jpg



See how this same lotus pond looks alike during dry season - completely covered with dense growth of large white lotus flowers.

Now the lotus pond has turned into a valuable resource of lotus as vegetable for the nearby little farm house and its hard working family.
A lotus pond at one time may be a source of fish or other aquatic life, then turn into a source of edible delicious lotus seeds or lotus vegetables. All year long lotus ponds always are an enrichment for its neighbors or owners.
In album Lotus flowers

atheana

atheana's photo


pollen-flowers posted a photo

07430005.jpg
complementing bridesmaids' bouquets - 07430005.jpg

a ll pictures courtesy of lisa Devlin photography www.devlinphotos.co.uk



pollen-flowers posted a photo

086.jpg
Amnesia roses, ivory vendela roses with herbs and seed heads, matching petals - 086.jpg


Crazy looking flower

Crazy looking flower



Widescreen Yellow Bell flower wallpaper 1920x1200px - Cambodia. Blossoming all year long - the Allamanda cathartica or Golden Trumpet is abundant in Cambodia and Philippines alike.
In album Beautiful flowers

pollen-flowers posted a photo

gallery1011.jpg
pollen4hire lanterns - gallery1011.jpg


beetography
DSC_9186.jpg

DSC_9186.jpg


Robert Nyman
Like, flowers

Like, flowers


flower.jpg
Flower - flower.jpg



Keywords:


red-flower.gif
flower - red-flower.gif



mikonos

flower.png
flower - flower.png


flowers.jpg
flowers - flowers.jpg



Widescreen Yellow Bell flower wallpaper 1920x1200px - Cambodia. Blossoming all year long - the Allamanda cathartica or Golden Trumpet is abundant in Cambodia and Philippines alike.
In album Beautiful flowers


Flower

flowers.jpg
flowers - flowers.jpg



Pyracantha berries in Ben Lomond, CA USA

salvia_stand.jpgFor me flower shows are all about the plants. I always wander around looking for what's new and unusual, what's in fashion and most importantly what's a bargain. There is always much deliberation before I make a purchase. What do I have room for in my garden? Will the plants I'm admiring really grow in the dry shady spot that needs filling in the corner?

I put my hands up, after all this thinking I nearly always go with an impulse buy. This year is was salvias. Not the gaudy red ones you see in park bedding schemes but the more refined shrubby perennial ones. I've found these to be surprisingly hardy and they provide a subtle display of flowers right through the summer without much effort from me. They are definitely a plant that deserves wider popularity, and are clearly in fashion this year as different varieties including the vibrant red and white Salvia 'Hot lips' and magenta 'Pink Blush' were present on a number of the stands.

I bought a couple from Wall End Nursery, Salvia greggi 'Desert Blaze' with variegated foliage and scarlet flowers and 'Raspberry Royale' a compact variety with reddish pink flowers. Both of them will look great in my sheltered borders, where they can fill in the spaces left by early flowering perennials.

After that things really went down hill and I succumbed to buying another Pennisetum setaceum 'Rubrum'. For the past five years I've bought one of these from Hampton, telling myself that I'm going to bring it into the house early and really treasure it. Sadly each year I forget and it is killed off by the cold weather. Fingers crossed this time I'll remember. I wonder if they'll do a discount if I order 12 months in advance?


Info from:

No comments:

Post a Comment